2-3 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock or broth (more or less as desired)
4+ cups cooked chicken
1 cup fresh chopped spinach
Sauté garlic in butter and wine until nearly half liquid is reduced.
Add stock or broth. Add chopped spinach and chicken.
Cook all ingredients together for 10 or 20 minutes.
If more sauce is desired, add broth and butter to obtain amount of sauce you wish.
Serve over linguini or other pasta.
Diced or cubed chicken breast
2 10-inch whole wheat or spinach flour tortillas
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
1 dash salt
Guacamole and Salsa for dipping
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
2. Put one tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan, then spread cheese and cut up chicken strips in the center of the tortilla, leaving about an each all the way around.
3. Sprinkle the tomato over the chicken and cheese.
4. Sprinkle the cilantro and a dash of salt over the tomato.
5. Top off the quesadilla with the remaining tortilla, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
6. When the bottom tortilla has browned, after 45-90 seconds, flip the quesadilla over and grill the other side for the same amount of time.
7. Remove the quesadilla from the pan, and, using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the quesadilla three times through the middle like a pizza, creating 6 equal slices.
I make extra and freeze them for snacks.
There are many variations of is that can be found on the Internet but I love throne my mom uses..
1 bag of carrots, rinsed, peeled and sliced
2 lbs white potatoes, rinsed, peeled, and sliced
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
1 tbsp soy sauce
2-5 lbs diced beef – I always ask the butcher to prepare my meat fresh so it has less fat
Place all items in the crock pot either the night before of before you leave in the morning. I cook mine on low as we don’t usually get home until the evening. The smell when we enter the house is wonderful.
Serve over noodles or rice and enjoy.